Reddit is one of the most popular text-based platforms that calls itself the Front page of the internet. This is because the text-based website has all the resources you’ll need.
While many users use Reddit from the web browser, its official app is available for Android and iOS. With mobile apps, you can enjoy all text-based discussion websites’ features.
Not many would know, but the Reddit mobile app also has a feature that lets you change the app’s color theme. We are not talking about the Dark and Light modes here; we are talking about the color themes in the Light mode.
How to Change Reddit Theme
This article will discuss the Reddit app customization tips and how you can easily change the Reddit theme. We will discuss enabling dark mode, light themes, and more. Let’s get started.
1) How to Enable Dark/Light Mode on Reddit app?
The Reddit app offers several color options besides the dark and light modes. The color themes are available only when the app uses the Light mode. We will talk about it later; first, let’s know how to enable dark/light mode on the Reddit app.
1. First, open the Reddit app on your Android or iOS.
2. Next, tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
3. From the list of options that appears, select Settings.
4. On Settings, scroll down to Dark Mode.
5. If you want to enable the Dark mode, turn on the switch for ‘Dark Mode’.
6. Now, if you don’t want to use Dark Mode, or want to switch to Light mode, toggle off the Dark Mode option.
7. When it comes to dark mode, you have two options Night and Midnight (AMOLED).
8. To switch dark theme, tap on the drop-down menu and select either option. The Night mode is little light, and the Midnight (AMOLED) is darker.
That’s it! This is how you can enable dark/light mode on the Reddit app. We have used Android to demonstrate the process; the steps are the same for iPhone.
2) How to Use Color Themes on Reddit?
You need to switch the Reddit app to Light mode to use color themes on Reddit. No color themes are available in the Dark mode, but 4 different color themes are available in the Reddit app’s light mode.
Hence, if you want to change the Reddit theme, you need to enable the Light mode and follow the steps we have shared below.
1. Open the Reddit app and tap on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
2. From the list of options that appears, tap on Settings.
3. On the Reddit settings, disable the Dark Mode.
4. Next, tap on the drop-down beside the Light theme.
5. You will find four light themes: Alien Blue, Mint, Pony, and Trees.
6. You need to select one that feels right for you.
That’s it! This is how you can change the Reddit theme in easy steps. Please note that enabling the dark mode will disable the light theme you’ve set.
3) Change Reddit App Icon
Since we are talking about customization, you may also be interested in knowing how to change the Reddit app icon.
The Reddit app icon on your home screen can be changed easily. And you don’t need to be a Reddit premium user to change the app icon.
We have already shared a detailed guide on changing the Reddit app icon on Android and iOS. Check that guide and discover the steps to change the Reddit app icon.
So, this guide is all about changing the Reddit theme in easy steps. You can switch to a different Light theme by following the shared steps. If you need more help in changing the Reddit theme, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends as well.